Moderate risk sentiment, stable dollar market – Focus on a series of non-manufacturing PMI data at the beginning of the week
The market at the beginning of the week shows a moderate risk sentiment. The dollar market is experiencing consolidation and stability in the high levels reached since the end of last week. The US employment report at the end of last week showed a stronger-than-expected increase in the number of employed individuals. However, the unemployment […]
June’s decision: Hold or Rate Hike? Today’s US Employment Statistics will be the litmus test.
Today, the focus will be on the US Employment Statistics. It is a crucial indicator that will help determine whether the June FOMC will hold interest rates or opt for a rate hike. Market expectations suggest a slight slowdown from the previous increase of 253,000 non-farm payrolls, with an estimated increase of around 200,000. […]
June FOMC Expected to Stay Unchanged, But Still Fluid Ahead of US Employment Data
Yesterday, market sentiment shifted towards a majority expectation of the June FOMC remaining unchanged. This change was in response to the support for holding off on rate hikes from a Jefferson Fed Board member and the President of the Philadelphia Federal Reserve, Harker. Prominent Fed watchers had also indicated a possibility of no rate hike. […]
Dollar’s strength in the region but nervousness in the dollar, ECB officials, and U.S. home prices.
Trading in overseas markets was quiet yesterday as the U.K. and U.S. markets were closed. Today, trading is likely to be more active as the U.K. and U.S. markets return to the market. The dollar is currently being bought. However, the dollar-yen exchange rate has sharply declined by more than 50 sen from the highs […]
U.S. Debt Ceiling Issue Reaches Resolution; U.K. and U.S. Markets Closed, Lack of Action
A compromise has been reached between the Biden administration and the Republican Party in Congress regarding the US debt ceiling issue over the weekend, providing some certainty about avoiding default. While there may still be some anticipated difficulties in persuading opposition members for congressional approval, the overall agreement has brought a sense of relief to […]
The USD buying response strengthens as the US PCE deflator and durable goods orders exceed expectations, pushing USD/JPY back to the 140 yen range.
Following a series of strong US economic indicators, the US dollar has surged along with rising US bond yields. The April US PCE deflator rose to +4.4% year-on-year, surpassing the previous +4.2% reading. The core deflator also increased to +4.7% year-on-year from the previous +4.6%. Both figures exceeded market expectations. Additionally, April’s durable goods orders […]
Dollar Buying Pressure Continues, Adding to Interest Rate Outlook and Risk Caution
Dollar buying pressure continues. The dollar has risen to the upper ¥139 level, approaching the ¥140 level. 70% of the market expects the U.S. FOMC to leave interest rates unchanged at the June meeting, with the remaining 30% of the market persistently expecting a rate hike. The U.S. monetary authorities have denied market speculation that […]
Despite the U.S. Debt Ceiling Issue, Markets Move on Policy Rate Observations
The market is in an unstable situation. With the approaching X-day of the US debt ceiling on June 1st, market participants are closely watching the negotiations between the US government and the Republican Party. However, the market is reacting sensitively to inflation and policy rate trends in various countries while temporarily setting aside the […]
Adjustment in the trend of a stronger dollar and weaker yen, but no progress yet in the U.S. debt ceiling negotiations
The market is concerned about the upcoming US debt ceiling deadline, scheduled for June 1st, and the lack of progress in negotiations between the US government and the Republican Party. Market sentiment, however, does not appear to be overly pessimistic. The strong performance of the Nikkei Average is particularly notable, with increased attention from foreign […]
Without major economic indicators scheduled, market attention is turning towards reports and statements from central bankers and financial authorities.
With a lack of major economic indicators scheduled for today, market focus is shifting towards reports and statements from central bankers and financial authorities. The Eurozone Consumer Confidence Index (preliminary) for May is the only notable economic release on the calendar. The start of the week tends to have fewer economic statistics released for the […]